Cinnamon French toast with ricotta cheese and grilled mango cheeks
- 4 mango cheeks for serving
- 2 large eggs
- 4 tablespoon low fat smooth cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon castor sugar
- a little butter
- 1 white loaf of bread, thickly sliced
- 150g ricotta cheese (can substitute low fat cream cheese)
- cinnamon sugar
- Grill or fry the mango wedges briefly on a hot griddle, set aside.
- Beat the eggs, cream cheese and castor sugar to make a batter.
- Heat a little butter in a frying pan until hot.
- Dip the bread slices into the batter, turning them over to soak both sides.
- Fry the slices in the hot butter until golden, turning to cook both sides.
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately with cinnamon sugar, a dollop of ricotta cheese and a wedge of mango.