Mango & prawn stir fry
- 225g peeled prawns or shrimps
- 1 sliced red onion
- 300g snap peas (top and tailed), bean sprouts and baby corn, halved
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced (out of season, substitute with canned mango, drained, or dried mango simmered in water until soft)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornflour.
- Basil to garnish
- Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan.
- Stir-fry the onion and ginger for 2-3 minutes until just tender.
- Add the snap peas and prawns and stir-fry for a minute.
Add the mango, sherry and soy sauce, and fry for a minute.
- Mix the cornflour with 1 tablespoon of water and add to the pan.
- Cooking for a further 1-2 minutes stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve immediately with rice noodles.