MARINATED LAMB KEBABS WITH MANGO SALSA
- 1kg 2cm lamb cubes (shoulder or leg)
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 2 red sweet peppers, seeded and chopped
- 2 green peppers, seeded and chopped
- 100ml avocado oil (may substitute with olive oil)
- 4ml salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 10ml ground cumin
- 2.5ml ground ginger
- 8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 10ml finely grated lemon rind
- 250ml natural yoghurt
- 5ml freshly ground black pepper
- 125ml avocado oil
- 10ml paprika
- 1 large mango, peeled and cubed (out of season, substitute with canned mango, drained, or dried mango simmered in water until soft)
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and cubed
- 60ml Italian parsley, chopped
- 30ml avocado oil
- 30ml fresh lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients and add the lamb cubes. Combine thoroughly and rub the marinade into the meat with your fingertips. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Separate the onion quarters.
- Remove the meat cubes from the marinade and alternately thread the meat, onion and peppers onto skewers.
- If braaing, coat the grid with avocado oil, or grill under a preheated grill until golden brown and cooked to your preference.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients and serve with the kebabs.