MB, MANGO AND LEMONGRASS CURRY
- 15 ml avocado oil (may substitute with olive oil)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stick lemon grass
- 450g lamb, cubed
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 450 ml packet readymade cook-in curry sauce
- 125 ml plain yoghurt
- 1 mango, cubed (out of season, substitute with canned mango, drained, or dried mango simmered in water until soft)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- handful of fresh coriander
- 4 rotis, warmed, or a combination of wild rice and brown rice, to serve
- Heat the avocado oil in a large frying pan, brown the meat.
- Add the onion, and the lemon grass, sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes until lightly coloured.
- Add the curry sauce and cream.
- Simmer for about three minutes, then add the mango, and heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in fresh coriander.
- Serve with rotis or wild rice mixture and a dash of mango atchar to spice things up a bit.