Sticky Mango Ribs with mango boozy bbq sauce
Sauce can be store in a sealed container for up to 1 week in the fridge.
- 1 cup mango, chopped
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup bourbon (optional – may replace with apple juice)
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 4cm ginger, grated
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes until slightly thickened and sticky. Leave to cool.
- Pour over beef or pork ribs and marinate for 2- 3 hours.
- Bake in a preheated oven until ribs are cooked and crispy.
- serve with fresh green salad