White Chocolate and Mango Meringue Gateau
2 hrs 30 mins
4 egg whites
250ml castor sugar
360g white chocolate 2x180g slabs
2 mangoes, peeled and sliced
- Beat the egg whites until stiff then beat in the castor sugar a tablespoon at a time. Beat until the mixture is thick and glossy.
- Draw 3 x 22cm circles on non-stick baking paper and place the papers on baking trays.
- Divide ¾ of the mixture between the three trays and spread to cover the discs. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Spoon the remaining mixture into a piping bag with a plain 1cm nozzle and pipe logs onto the baking paper. Sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 120°C for 1 ½ hours. Switch off the oven and allow to cool.
- Put the chocolate into a bowl and add 60ml of the cream. Microwave on 50% power for 2 minutes, stirring until smooth. Allow to cool.
- Whip the remaining cream till soft peaks then mix in the cooled chocolate. Place one meringue disc on your serving plate. Spread with 1/3 of the white chocolate mixture.
- Top with slices of mango. Add another disc. Spread with another 1/3 of the chocolate mixture and mango. Top with final meringue layer and remaining chocolate mixture.
- Decorate with meringue logs and mango. Chill well until ready to serve.