Wholesome Banana & Mango Breakfast Muffins
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mashed bananas (approx 2 large bananas)
- 1 cup mango, diced (fresh/tinned)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Mix butter and sugar until light and creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla, and beat well.
- Sift all the dry ingredients and gradually add into mixture.
- Drizzle mango and banana with lemon juice, and add to muffin mixture.
- Spoon into muffin tins and bake for 40 – 50 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool in tin and serve.